Budgeting isn’t the fun part of running a food business, but it’s as necessary as a great recipe, especially in shaky economic times. With inflation and the threat of recession dominating headlines, join us for a discussion of tactics you can use right right now to boost the financial health of your company.
We’ll cover the top 5 budget mistakes food entrepreneurs make just as their business starts to grow, and how you can fix them or avoid them in the first place.
UCEDC‘s Kevin Chu (Loan Officer) and Ellen McHenry (Senior Director of Financial Programs) lead the conversation and Jewell Domino of BelleJohns’ Soul Food will share strategies she used to scale her business and open a place of her own.
Take this one-hour workshop if you:
- own a small food business and have been operating for two years or more
- understand the concept of cashflow but your bookkeeping could be better
- need to boost resilience against inflation, fluctuating prices, and recession
- want to understand how business lending works and what the opportunities are
- have an idea of your breakeven point
- want to fully understand how pricing, recipes and operating costs impact profit
- want real-world answers from industry experts who can help your business succeed
- want to see your numbers in a powerful new way